Version: 31 January 2022
Thank you for using Parship!
Please note that we offer our Service (as defined below) in different countries and as such, you understand that the information included in your profile will be visible to our members in all of these countries. You can see the list of these countries on our website. You will also be able to search for a partner in any of these countries, not just your own country. We offer our Services outside the United-Kingdom and the European Union in Switzerland and Mexico.
Here can find information about data processing in connection with Cookies and other tracking technologies when using the Parship website and app in our cookies & tracking policy.
- Contact / Data Controller
- Collection, processing and use of personal data
- Processing purposes
- Legal basis for the processing of personal data
- Transfer of data to third parties; service provider
- How do we protect your personal data?
- Duration of storage; retention obligations
- Rights of the data subject at a glance
- Social Media
- Cookies & tracking technologies
Contact / Data Controller
If you have any questions or suggestions about how we use your personal data, please contact us or our data protection officer.
Our contact details are as follows:
PE Digital GmbH, Customer Service Parship United Kingdom, Speersort 10, 20095 Hamburg, Germany, +49(40)460026-168 (fax number), firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail)
You can reach our data protection officer at:
Parship UK Privacy Team, email@example.com (e-mail)
Our UK Representative is:
eHarmony UK Ltd., 6-10 Great Portland Street, London W1W 8QL, Great-Britain
Collection, processing and use of personal data
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (e.g., name, address, phone number, date of birth or e-mail address). When we say that we process personal data, this means that we collect, store, use, transfer to others or delete such data.
Parship collects and processes your personal data exclusively in the following cases:
- If you visit us on our website without being a member.
- If you contact us directly.
- If you install our Parship app.
- If you subscribe to a Parship membership (paid or free) and then use Parship.
Once you have signed up for a Parship account, we will provide you with access to an online database over which you will be able to get know other Parship-registered customers (also known as members). In order to provide you with the Parship service as described in the General Terms and Conditions (the “Parship Service” or “Service”), we need to use your personal data. If you do not want us to use your personal data or parts thereof, we will not be able to provide you with the Service. You will also need to provide us with special categories of personal data (i.e. sensitive personal data, such as information about your sexual orientation).
Please see below for further information about the types of personal data Parship collects when you use our Service.
Data processing through app stores
Before you can install our app, you may have to enter into a user agreement with an app store operator (e.g. Google or Apple). Our app is available on different app platforms, depending on your particular operating system.
In order to install and use our app via these app stores, you will need to have a valid account with the app store operator as well as a compatible device (e.g. a smartphone). Parship has no control over the collection, processing and use of personal data in this respect. The relevant app store operator will be the sole data controller of this information. If necessary, please contact the operator of the respective app store directly for information about their data processing. Parship is the data controller with respect to your personal data only when you use the Parship app.
What personal data does Parship collect from its members to fulfil the contractual relationship?
In order to register for the Parship Service and conclude a Basic Membership or a Premium Membership, you will need to provide us with the personal data described below. In addition, in order to provide you with our Services (as more fully described in the General Terms and Conditions), we need to process this personal data.
In order to register for Parship’s free Service (i.e., conclude a "Basic Membership"), you will need to provide us with personal data, without which the registration cannot be completed. These data are:
- Gender and sex of partner sought (your sexual preference is data regarding your sexual orientation and therefore sensitive personal data)
- Email address
If you have chosen to log in via a third-party provider such as Facebook or Apple, you do not need to enter an email address or a password during the registration process. You can access Parship’s Service respectiely with the email address and the password you have indicated (your access data) or alternatively via the third party provider’s login data.
During registration via Apple ("Sign in with Apple")
You can register to join the Parship Service using your Apple-ID. If you choose to do this, we will receive the information that we need for your registration directly from Apple. In this respect, a data transfer takes place. Apple enables you to share the email address associated with your Apple account with Parship or hide it. If you hide your email address, we will receive a randomly generated unique email address from Apple for the creation and use of your Parship account. Our communications will be sent to this email address and automatically forwarded by Apple to your email address, if you have not deactivated forwarding of Parship emails.
Please be aware that we have no control over the type and amount of information that Apple collects about you when you register for our Service using the Apple login. If you do not want Apple to collect information about you in relation to your use of our Service, you should not use the Apple login.
You may dissociate your Parship account from your Apple-ID at any time in your profile on our website. In this case, we will need your access data as explained above.
During registration via Facebook ("Facebook Login")
Parship uses the “Register with Facebook” business tool with the add-on “Data Access Function,“ through which you can register to join the Parship Service using your Facebook account. If you choose to do this, we will receive the following authentication data for your registration directly from Facebook: the email address that is associated with your Facebook account, your profile name and your profile picture, of which Parship only stores and processes the email address. In this respect, a data transfer takes place. Your Facebook profile name and profile picture are not stored or processed by us but are automatically deleted.
If you do not want Facebook to collect information about you in relation to your use of our Service, you should not use the Facebook login and/or adjust your tracking parameters directly in your Facebook account before accessing or using Parship.
You may dissociate your Parship account from your Facebook-ID at any time in your profile on our website. In this case, we will need your access data, as explained above.
Data required in connection with a Basic Membership
Our Service works by providing your profile information (“profile”) and your compatibility points to other Parship users. In order to get the full benefit of our Service and to set up your Parship profile, we will ask you to provide us with data about yourself. This may include information about your personal values and preferences, your appearance, and any other characteristics that are relevant for us to establish your personality evaluation and to recommend potential partners (“partner recommendations”) to you. When designing your profile, you will also need to provide us with information about yourself, including text and photos. In addition, we also collect information about you when you provide your answers to the Parship test (or “questionnaire”) and we will use this information to automatically create your Parship personality evaluation (or “partner personality”). Please note that, although you will be able to read your personality evaluation and compatibility points in your profile, your personality evaluation is not generally publicly visible to other Parship members. Instead, those members who directly access your profile information will only have access to extracts of your personality evaluation and your compatibility points.
When we ask you to provide us with information about you during the registration process, we make it clear when such information will be kept private and will not be made available to other users. Please note that your specific answers to Parship’s compatibility questionnaire are generally kept private, however, the compatibility points that we generate from your answers are made publicly available to other members. Additionally, the information you voluntarily provide for hobbies and interests within the questionnaire will be visible to your partner recommendations in your profile, but you may update or delete this information at any time. All other information you provide us with for or as part of your Parship profile will be publicly visible to other members on our website and our app, such as information that you voluntarily choose to include in your profile, especially your first name, place of residence / postal code, and your interests.
We will not be able to suggest partner recommendations for you if you do not provide us with the requested information relating to your sexual preferences (i.e. both preferred sex and gender), or the other information requested as part of the Parship compatibility questionnaire. If you do not want to provide us with this information, you will not be able to use our Service.
Generally, the types of data that we will collect during the registration are as follows:
- Residence / postal code
- Country of residence
- Date of birth
- Full name
- Number of children
- Marital status
- Education level
In addition, you may choose to provide us with sensitive information such as:
- Political view.
By giving us this information, you agree that we store and use this information for matching purposes. This information allows us to further refine the match preferences and search criteria available to you when searching for a partner on our platform. This information will be disclosed in your profile, and therefore, visible to matches who visit your profile. However, please note that you do not have to provide us with this information in order to use the eharmony Service, and you may change your answers to “prefer not to specify” in the religion, ethnicity and/or political view fields at any time in your profile.
You may also upload photos of yourself in your profile, whereby other members may see, next to your first name, your photos clearly (i.e. unblurred version) in your profile or in a blurred version via email. Please note that you do not have to upload any photos in order to use the Parship Service. You may upload photos to your profile at any time, even after you completed your registration or already used the Service for a period of time.
Upon completion of a Premium Membership
If you decide to sign up for Parship’s Premium chargeable features (“Premium Membership”) via the website (i.e. you decide to become a Premium member), we will collect following payment data during your order:
- Name and first name
- Residential address
- Payment and billing details (credit card data is stored by a third party payment provider and not by Parship)
Communication with members, communication with our customer service and communication via video chat
If you correspond with other Parship members through the Parship platform, or with Parship customer service, we will collect and store this information. The messages sent between members via our Service are end-to-end encrypted.
If you contact our customer service, please note the following: if you communicate with our customer service:
- using the online contact form: the content of your message to us will be encrypted in transit; our reply will be protected in transit, provided that your email provider supports Transport Layer Security (TLS) transfer encryption.
- via email: the content of your message to us will only be protected in transit via TLS transfer encryption if your email provider supports TLS transport encryption.
Please note that, in principle, communications between you and Parship will only be conducted via the email address associated with your Parship account. Members who are registered via Apple and have hidden their email address will only receive communications if the automatic forwarding function is activated through Apple. Please bear in mind that Apple does not inform us whether you have activated the forwarding function.
If you would prefer not to contact our customer service by email (for example, because you are concerned that your email provider does not support TLS encryption or the content of our email is not encrypted), please contact Parship by post or fax instead. You will find our contact details under Contact
As a Premium Member, as well as in some promotions for Basic Members, you have the opportunity to communicate with other members via video chat in selected countries. For this purpose, Parship uses a service provider based in the USA with whom Parship has a data processing agreement. Parship transfers your IP address and your profile ID to this service provider when using the video chat feature. The service provider also stores data regarding the time and duration of any video chat calls. This data processing is necessary technically and for billing purposes. The video communication is encrypted end-to-end. Video and audio content is not stored. Parship does not collect or transfer any other data in connection with video chat. If you do not want Parship to transfer your IP address and your profile ID to its service provider, or do not want the time and duration of the chat to be stored, you should not use the video chat function.
Promotional emails - Messages
When you subscribe for our free membership (“Basic Membership”), you must enter your email address on the welcome page, or we receive your email address from Apple/ Facebook (if you register via a third party login). We will use this email address, or any new e-mail addresses you enter in your profile afterwards, to send you promotional emails about Parship’s free and for-purchase products, without requiring your consent.
In your profile under “Notification options,” you can also choose to receive personalised partner recommendations and guidance during your Parship membership, to help you to get the most out of the Parship Service.
As long as your email provider supports “Transport Layer Security” (TLS) transport encryption, these promotional emails (including our personalised guidance) are protected in transit via TLS transfer encryption.
You can object to our use of your email address for promotional purposes or personalised guidance, at any time, either by: (i) clicking on the link in our emails to adjust your email notification settings, (ii) adjusting your settings in your profile under “Notification options”, or (iii) contacting us using the information in the Contact section. Members who have not yet completed the Parship compatibility test may use this link for an objection. You may re-subscribe to receive such emails in your profile under “Notification options” at any time.
Within the use of the app, you may receive "push messages" from us, even when you are not currently using the app. These will either contain messages that we send you as part of our Service, or they may contain advertising information.
You can stop receiving push messages or adjust your settings at any time by changing the configuration settings of your mobile device or in the Parship app.
What information does Parship collect when using the Parship website?
Every time you access the Parship website, we will collect your usage data. This means that, even if you have not signed up to be a Parship member, we will collect and use this information about you. This data is sent to us by your Internet browser and is stored in log files. This data includes:
- Information about your browser type and your internet service provider, as well as your operating system (for example Windows 7, Apple OS, etc.)
- The IP address (Internet Protocol address) of the device you use to access our website or Service (for example, your computer, tablet or smartphone). We will also compare your IP address against a geo-database to collect information about your location, such as your country, state and city.In this context Parship uses MaxMind (see explanations below)
- Information about the page that you have accessed
- The date and time that you used the website
- The referrer URL (origin URL) from which you came to the page that you have accessed
- Statistics about the amount of data transmitted during your use of the website
- Status message as to whether you were successfully able to access the website
- Session identifier
- Session participant´s pseudonym
- Screen resolution used on your device
Each time a Parship member logs in to our network, we also collect their Parship user identifier.
While using the website, and in addition to the data mentioned above, cookies or pseudonym IDs (such as user-ID, ad-ID) may also be stored on your device, when you visit, or after you visited, our online content. You will find specific information about this in our cookies & tracking policy.
What information does Parship collect when using the Parship app?
Every time you access the Parship app with your device, Parship automatically collects data and information from your device’s operating system. This includes, among other things, the storage of your IP address. In detail, Parship collects:
Every time you access Parship app, we will collect your usage data. This data includes:
- The operating system used to access the app and, if necessary, the browser type
- Your current language setting in your device
- Information about your Internet service provider
- The IP address (Internet Protocol address) of your device
- Your Device ID (e.g. UDID, IDFV) to identify your device for a secured authentication
- Your User identifier on the Parship platform (only for Parship members)
- Information about the part of the app that you have accessed and, if applicable, the webpage you accessed previously
- The date and time that you used the app
- Statistics about the amount of data transmitted during your app use
- Status message as to whether you were successfully able to access the app
- Session identifier
While using the app, and in addition to the data mentioned above, tracking technologies or pseudonym IDs (such as your AD-ID (e.g. the Apple IDFA (Identifier for Advertisers) or the Google Advertising ID) may also be stored on your device, when you visit, or after you visited, our online content. You will find specific information about this in our cookies & tracking policy.
We also collect the following usage data each time a Parship member logs in to our network (“login records”):
- Date and time of login
- User identifier on the Parship platform (your e-mail address)
- IP address (Internet Protocol Address)
- Device ID (e.g. UDID) to identify your device for a secured authentication.
While using the app, and in addition to the data mentioned above, pseudonym IDs (such as user-ID, ad-ID) may also be stored on your device, when you visit, or after you visited, our app. You will find specific information about this in our cookies & tracking policy.
GPS data when using the app
If a Premium Member turns on the "radius search" option, we also collect location data about their device (such as GPS, possibly WLAN information, and device ID) to determine their location. This information will be used to allow the Premium Member to set a suitable search radius to look for other members.
What information does Parship process when using the Parship platform?
Part of our Service is providing you with potential partners (“partner recommendations”). These partner recommendations are presented to you in your profile and via notifications (e.g. emails), with the following information: first name or occupation, age, place of residence or postal code, a photo, compatibility points and a link to their profile. Please note that we may present you at any time as a partner recommendation to other members, including those based outside the UK and/or using one of our other Parship platforms. As such, your first name or occupation, age, place of residence or postal code, photo, compatibility points and a link to your profile will be provided to these members. In general, Basic Members will see only your photos blurred, but may be able, in some instances, to see your photos clearly. Premium Members will see your photos clearly, if you agreed to it before.
In your profile, under “Notification options”, you may choose to receive notifications from us (e.g., emails or push messages) to alert you when there has been activity in your account (e.g. you have received a new message or we have new partner recommendations for you). Please note that if you do not choose this notification option, your partner recommendations who have requested notifications may still receive notifications related to you (e.g., when you send them a new message or we send your profile as a new partner recommendation). As such, and as mentioned above, your first name or occupation, place of residence or postal code, photo, age, compatibility points and a link to your profile may appear in such notifications.
You may also request to be informed about: (1) which partner recommendations visited your profile (“visitors of my profile”) and/or (2) if your partner recommendations are currently online (green circle if they are online, or grey circle if they are not). Please note that if you do so, the same information regarding your activity will be available to your partner recommendations who have also selected these notification options. As such, and subject to a partner recommendation’s notification settings, (1) a partner recommendation whose profile you visited may be informed of your visit, and (2) your partner recommendations may be notified when you are online or offline.
In addition, you are able to see the last time a partner recommendation was online (“last time online”), and your partner recommendations are also able to see when you last logged in. This feature is set up automatically and, for technical reasons, cannot be deactivated.
Parship processes the personal data of its users for the following purposes and legal bases. If data processing is based on the legal basis of a legitimate interest, we will also explain our legitimate interest in data processing to you below:
- To provide the Parship platform and thereby perform our Services as described in the General Terms and Conditions.In particular, this includes:
- Provision of our website for non-registered users;
- Use of our website and app for registered Parship members;
- Ability to contact other users and respond to requests via the platform;
- Facilitation of the conclusion of a contract, incl. invoicing;
- Sending emails and/or push messages regarding matches or other contractually relevant messages.
- To provide a login via the Parship platform, Facebook login or Apple login. (The legal basis of processing is contractual necessity.)
- For the prevention of and defense against abuse. Parship automatically collects, processes and uses personal data and geodata we collect during your registration and the completion of the Parship personality test and/or your Parship profile, to check for any evidence of the misuse of the platform. This information is stored in a database and compared against empirical values and information. If our automated processing activities suggest that our Service has been misused, a Parship employee will review the relevant rating and underlying clues, as well as the information in your profile (including any wording and photos you have provided) to confirm whether this is the case. In addition, customer service representatives perform profile checks to check members’ profiles that have been reported by other members through the function “suspicious profile?” or as having breached our General Terms and Conditions. (The legal basis for these activities is the legitimate interests of Parship and our Parship members, to ensure that the Parship service is not used in a way that is in breach of our General Terms and Conditions and/or the law. In doing so, we also comply with our legal obligation regarding data security to guarantee system security and to detect and trace unauthorised access attempts or accesses).
- To ensure that you comply with your obligations under your subscription and our General Terms and Conditions, including your payment obligation (which concerns only Premium members). If you do not pay outstanding invoices / instalments despite repeated reminders, we will transfer the data that are required for the execution of a debt collection procedure to a debt collection service provider for the purpose of fiduciary debt collection. In the event of disputed claims, we also transfer any necessary data to our payment services providers for the purpose of asserting our rights (e.g. within the framework of conflict resolution for chargebacks). (The legal basis for these activities is the legitimate interests of Parship to ensure that (as applicable) you provide the agreed payment for our Service in accordance with your subscription.)
- For the protection and defence of our rights and the fulfilment of legal obligations. (The legal basis for these activities is the fulfilment of our legal obligations and our legitimate interest in asserting and defending our rights.)
- To send advertising relating to our own products through promotional emails and/or push messages, newsletters, surveys and personalised guidance. (The legal basis is our legitimate interests in relation to sending direct marketing about our own products. In some instances, the legal basis is also your consent.)
- To comply with statutory retention obligations and other statutory or legal obligations and provisions (e.g. in connection with tax audits, official or judicial orders for information or other purposes). (The legal basis is the fulfilment of our legal obligations).
- To answer communications or questions from you. (The legal basis is contractual necessity, complying with our legal obligations, and Parship’s and our users’ legitimate interests in offering/receiving customer service and improving the customer experience.)
You will find the processing purposes and legal basis for the processing of personal data regarding the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies when using Parship in our cookies & tracking policy.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
- Where we obtain your consent as our lawful basis of processing, our legal basis is point (a) of Article 6(1) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
- Where the processing of special categories of data according to Article 9(1) UK GDPR is required, our legal basis is point (a) of Article 9(2) UK GDPR - your consent.
- When the processing of your personal data is required to fulfil our contractual relationship (either in relation to Basic Membership or Premium Membership), our legal basis is point (b) of Article 6(1) UK GDPR. This also applies to any processing that is required to carry out any pre-contractual actions.
- When the processing of your personal data is required to fulfil a legal obligation, our legal basis is point (c) of Article 6(1) UK GDPR.
- If the processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of eharmony or a third party, such as our members, and the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not override those legitimate interests, our legal basis for the processing is point (f) of Article 6(1) UK GDPR.
- When the processing of personal data is required for our own marketing (either in relation to Basic Membership or Premium Membership), the legal basis for the processing is point (f) of Article 6(1) UK GDPR.
When the legal basis for processing is your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out on the basis of your consent before your withdrawal. If the legal basis is a legitimate interest, you are also entitled, in general, to object to the processing of your personal data, at any time, for reasons arising from your specific situation. Article 21 UK GDPR applies in this respect.
Transfer of data to third parties; service providers
In the following cases, personal data may also be transferred to third parties:
- to service providers, if the data is required for the fulfilment of their data processing agreement with us;
- any providers of marketing tracking technologies and analysis tools (you can find out more about this in our cookies & tracking policy;
- where we are obliged to do so by law, a regulator or an enforceable official order;
- in connection with legal disputes (vis-à-vis courts or our lawyers), debt collections or audits (vis-à-vis chartered accountants/tax auditors);
- relevant investigating authorities in connection with possible criminal offences;
- in the event of the sale of the business (vis-à-vis the purchaser).
Transfers to service providers
Parship may use service providers when collecting or processing your personal data. Parship will ensure that service providers only receive that portion of your personal data they need for their specific activity.
Generally, the service providers that we appoint are engaged as our processor and may only use the personal data of our members in accordance with our instructions.
Please note that if you purchase a Premium Membership over the Parship app, Parship will not process any payment. In this case, the app store operator will be responsible for handling the payment process.
Transfer of data to non-European countries
Parship may disclose your personal data to third-party controllers (joint or independent) or to our processors who are located outside the UK and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (collectively, “Europe”). When this happens, and before disclosing your data, we ensure that the recipient has an adequate level of protection to enable the lawful transfer of your data. For example, this may be because the recipient is in a country that a competent authority has determined offers an adequate level of data protection in accordance with Article 45 UK GDPR; or has entered into standard data protection clauses and implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures; or (where permitted by law) because you have expressly consented to this transfer.
We can provide you with an overview of recipients (processor) in third countries and a copy of agreed-upon regulations regarding ensuring an adequate level of data protection (standard contractual clauses). Please use the information provided under Contact for this purpose.
How do we protect your personal data?
Parship uses a variety of security measures, including state-of-the-art encryption and authentication tools, to protect the security, integrity and availability of our customers’ and users’ personal data. In particular, these measures include the following:
- Strict criteria for the authorization to access your data as well as 2-factor authentication,
- Storage of confidential data in encrypted form,
- Firewall protection of IT systems to prevent unauthorized access,
- Permanent monitoring of access to IT systems to detect and prevent the misuse of personal data.
In this context, we recommend that you familiarise yourself with Parship's security tips when using the Parship service. Here you can find more information on this topic.
In this context, Parship also uses service providers from the USA. In particular, the following service providers are involved:
In order to secure this website and optimize loading times (SSL certificate) we use a "Content Delivery Network" (CDN). This CDN is a service of Cloudflare, Inc, 101 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. Therefore, registration and login requests are routed through the Cloudflare server and consolidated into statistics that cannot be deactivated.
We have an agreement with Cloudflare for order processing, based on standard data protection clauses.
Here you can find information about the data collected by Cloudflare.
Parship uses the GeoIP2 Precision City geolocation service from MaxMind, Inc, Waltham, MA, 14 Spring St., Suite 3, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA. With this service, we use IP addresses to determine approximate location/geolocation data based on the country of origin. No personal data is exchanged with MaxMind. Here you can find further information about MaxMind.
Duration of storage; retention obligations
We store your data for as long as is necessary for the provision of our Service (Basic and Premium Memberships) and any associated services or where we have a legitimate interest which permits the further storage of that information. In all other cases, we will erase your personal information once it is no longer necessary, except for any information we need to retain in order to comply with any contractual or statutory (e.g. tax or commercial) retention periods (e.g. invoices).
Data that is subject to a mandatory retention period is blocked from deletion until the end of that period.
For Basic Members: You can choose to remove the data in your profile at any time. You can also erase your profile data yourself (when you have completed the compatibility test) by starting the deletion process in the “Profile Settings” area of your Parship account. If you are a web or iOS user, you can also erase your profile data yourself (when you have completed the compatibility test) by starting the deletion process in the “Profile Settings” area of your Parship account. Otherwise, Parship automatically erases personal profile data of Basic members who are inactive for 24 months.
For Premium Members: Your personal data will be stored for the duration of our contractual relationship. However, we will erase your data following your request as long as there is no legal storage obligation that applies to that information. If your data is subject to a mandatory storage period, we will ensure that this information is isolated and stored until the expiry of the retention period. Once your Premium Membership is over, if you do not ask us to erase your data before your Premium subscription comes to an end, your Premium Membership will be converted into a Basic Membership. In this case, the description above relating to the retention period of Basic Members’ data will apply.
If you uninstall the Parship app on your device, this will not delete the data in your profile. The above statements related to the deletion of Basic Members’ data and Premium Members’ data also apply here.
Log files are stored by Parship for 30 days and then deleted. Log files whose further retention is required for evidentiary purposes are exempt from deletion until the incident is finally resolved and may be forwarded to investigative authorities as appropriate in individual cases.
Please note that if the deletion of your data is prevented due to a mandatory retention period, your data will be blocked and stored for no other purposes, until we can delete it.
Parship will also store any personal data which is required to demonstrate that Parship has lawfully complied with a valid data subject rights request within the required period (36 months).
Are you obliged to provide us with personal data?
In principle, you are not obliged to provide us with your personal data. However, the use of certain services of this online offer may require the provision of personal data, e.g. registration or participation in a competition. If this is the case, we will point this out to you. Mandatory data is regularly marked with an *. If you do not wish to provide us with the required data, you will unfortunately not be able to use the corresponding services.
Rights of the data subject at a glance
Under the UK GDPR and data protection laws, you have rights, including:
Your right to be informed – You have a right to receive concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible information about your personal data and our use of it.
Your right of access – You have the right to ask Parship whether we process personal data about you. You also have the right of access to this personal data as well as information on the category of data stored, the purposes of processing, any recipients, storage period and your rights as the data subject.
If you are a Basic or Premium member of Parship, you can assert your right of access here (https://uk.parship.com/privacypolicy/personaldatainquiry).
If you are visiting Parship as a guest and not a registered member, please use the contact details in the Contact section to assert your right of access.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal data you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances. We have the right to refuse to comply with a request for erasure if we are processing the personal data for one of the following reasons:
- To exercise the right of freedom of expression and information.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To perform a task in the public interest or exercise official authority.
- For archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes.
- For the exercise or defence of legal claims.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. In such case, we will still hold the data but will not process it any further. This right is an alternative to the right to erasure. If one of the following conditions applies, you may exercise the right to restrict processing:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested.
- Processing of the personal data is unlawful.
- We no longer need the personal data for processing, but the personal data is required for part of a legal process.
- The right to object has been exercised and processing is restricted pending a decision on the status of the processing.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to processing in certain circumstances. You can also object if the processing is for a task carried out in the public interest, the exercise of official authority vested in you, or your legitimate interests (or those of a third party).
Your right to data portability – This right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or for the performance of a contract and the processing is automated.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please use the information under Contact. Please also ensure that when you do so, we will be able to clearly identify you.
Alternatively, you may use the setting options in your Parship profile to rectify certain information that you provided during your registration or to object to advertising.
You can also delete your data or your complete profile from a Parship Basic Membership yourself in your profile (if you have completed the Parship questionnaire). To do this, log in to your profile on the Parship website and delete your profile under Data & Settings / Profile. Alternatively, Basic Members can contact our customer service using the information under Contact and request the deletion of their data. However, please note that Premium Members can only delete data regarding their Premium Membership by contacting our customer service.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority. If you are located in the UK, you should contact the UK's data protection authority, the Information Commissioner's Office, at:
The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, Telephone Number: + 44 (0) 303 123 1113, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located elsewhere in Europe, you can contact your local data protection authority or our appointed data protection authority. This is:
Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, The Hamburg Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information, E-Mail: email@example.com
In general, if social media plugins are used, the providers of such plugins will store cookies. However, the social media buttons that we use on our website contain only text links to the respective social media pages, they are not properly a social media plugin. Therefore, Parship will not transfer any data to the respective social media providers. The operator of the social media page is responsible for compliance with data protection law. You can get more information about their data protection practices in their respective privacy policies.
Cookies & other tracking technologies
You will find information on cookies and other tracking technologies that are used on our website and in our app in our cookies & tracking policy. If personal data is processed in connection with tracking-based processes, you will also find detailed information on the reasons for doing so there. Information on how to object to this type of data processing is also provided in our cookies & tracking policy.