Unable to carry out action.
That's why Parship - with the help of the Parship test - only links you to people whose profiles are compatible with yours. Vitally, as a service that protects your anonymity online, we also put you in control as you get to know other members.
We make as much effort as possible to ensure that the Parship member database does not include individuals who will abuse the service. In Parship's Terms & Conditions you will find a section (Members' Obligations) which outlines the levels of legality, decency and community respect that Parship's members must observe.
Parship will never reveal your personal details to other members. On the Parship website you are known exclusively by a neutral ID number. Your name, your email address, your phone number and your home address are concealed and protected by the website's secure infrastructure.
When using the site, members can only communicate through Parship’s anonymous contact and messaging system. At all points, it is for YOU to choose whether you supply another member with further personal details (such as your name and email address).
Likewise, you choose whether to include a photograph or photographs on your profile. If you do choose to upload a photo to Parship's secure server, it is then for you to decide exactly who sees it – and when. If, at any time, you do NOT wish another specific member to see your photo, then you simply withhold the photo.
1. Don't give out personal contact details immediately. Remember you are the one in control. Don't put personal contact details in your profile or in the first messages you send to another member.
2. You can contact/reply to other members via Parship's secure, anonymous contact system. Take your time to learn more about each potential partner and to feel comfortable about communicating with him/her. It is for you to decide if and when you want to take things further - for instance by supplying your name, your personal email address or your mobile phone number.
3. You may wish to set up an email account exclusively for activities connected to your search for a partner. Free, web-based email services like Hotmail are ideal for this - and you don't have to reveal your name in the email address.
4. If you want to talk to another member on the phone, remember that a mobile phone number gives you more flexibility and anonymity. It's also easier, if necessary, to change a mobile number than a fixed line number. When calling another member, you can key 141 first to prevent your number appearing on the other person’s caller ID.
5. If anything makes you feel uncomfortable about another member, stop contacting them. You can delete their profile instantly from your Parship Contacts list, which means they will be unable to contact you via the website. If you feel someone is abusing the service, tell us immediately.
6. Always use your common sense and remember you are the one in control.
We sincerely hope that you reach the point of deciding to meet other Parship members face to face, but at all times the choice is clearly yours.
When meeting another member, we recommend you bear the following points in mind.
1. Meet 'on neutral ground' in a busy public place that you know well.
2. Don't arrange for the other member to pick you up from your home.
3. Don't let the other member make arrangements for your travel or for any hotel accommodation.
4. Keep a trustworthy friend or relative informed and on call.
4.1. Let this friend or relative know where you are going and what time you are expected home.
4.2. Supply your friend/relative with details of the person you are going to meet.
4.3. At a suitable point, call your friend/relative to let them know that things are OK.
5. Consider going on a double date with a friend/friends, or going out with a group. The group can include people you know and people your date knows.
6. You will probably feel that you know someone through email and phone contact, but remember that they are still a stranger when you first meet face to face.
7. Don't accept a lift home if you feel uncomfortable about it.
8. Always have a contingency plan in place. If something unexpected happens, make sure you can leave quickly and easily and that there are people close by who can help you if necessary.
9.Take a mobile phone with you. Make sure the phone is fully charged and working. You can leave the phone on during the date if you wish.
10. It can take time to get to know someone properly. If a person is truly interested in you, they won't mind if you want to take your time to develop a relationship.
11. Always use your common sense, keep in control and don't be forced into doing something you wouldn't normally do.
Like you, the vast majority of Parship members are genuine people who have joined the service to find a serious relationship. Like you, they appreciate everything Parship does to provide a secure environment for members. For instance:
It is possible that individuals may email you with offers of employment with Parship. These fraudsters are using Parship's name illegally in an attempt to obtain money or personal details from you.
Together with the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) we have developed a set of criteria that make a safe dating site: